In winter our garden appears dead, as does much of the landscape. But come summer, it completely rejuvenates itself
- Please keep the gate to the road locked at all times. Come as go as you please.
- Check in is after 2pm. Checkout is latest 10am.
- Under the kitchen sink you will find extra things you might need.
- We stock coffee, sugar, tea, rooibos tea, cremora, firewood.
- All beds are equipped with electric blankets & mosquito nets. Nets to be stored on top of cupboards.
- We have a fireplace & gas heater.
- You have 100mb per person of wifi free per night. Additional wifi can be purchased at R50 per GB.
- Theres 2 places to eat out in Bulwer.
- 1. Natura hotel (you passed the signage entering Bulwer).
- 2. NIP INN pub & grub (opposite side of Bulwer opposite Ashtonvale Farm.
- The local Bulwer shops (for essentials) close at 5pm, on weekdays & 2pm on weekends.
- The Bulwer Express (good food, takeaway & shop at the Engen) is 24hrs.
- SuperSpar in Underberg is the nearest chain store, 35kms from Bulwer. Their hours are 7am-7pm daily
- Ms Bongi Shabalala sells the best fruit. She is at the entrance to Engen Garage under the red umbrella.
- Fun Fact:
- Did You Know: Bulwer Mountain (1850m) is the last in the Southern Drakensberg range. It is a world famous paragliding site and even has a cave with ancient San Rock Art. This is the mountain you look onto at Cottage Imvana.