- Please keep the gate to the road locked at all times. Come as go as you please.
- Check in is after 2pm. Checkout is latest 10am.
- Under the kitchen sink you will find extra things you might need.
- We stock coffee, sugar, tea, cremora and firewood for sale.
- All beds are equipped with electric blankets & mosquito nets. Nets to be stored on top of cupboards.
- We have a fireplace & gas heater.
- Prepaid wifi available on request.
- Pet friendly by arrangement only
- Theres 3 places to eat out in Bulwer.
- 1. Natura hotel (you passed the signage entering Bulwer).
- 2. NIP INN pub & grub (opposite side of Bulwer opposite Ashtonvale Farm.
- 3. Aard Lui ~ caters 3 course meals, booking essential 0828096269
- The local Bulwer shops (for essentials) close at 5pm, on weekdays & 2pm on weekends (hours vary in lockdown).
- The Bulwer Express ( takeaway & shop at the Engen) is 24hrs.
- SuperSpar in Underberg is the nearest chain store, 35kms from Bulwer. Their hours are 7am-7pm daily
- Ms Bongi Shabalala sells the best fruit. She is at the entrance to Engen Garage under the red umbrella.
- Did You Know: Bulwer Mountain (2072m) is the last in the Southern Drakensberg range. It is a world famous paragliding site and even has a cave with ancient San Rock Art. This is the mountain you look onto at Cottage Imvana.
🍴Stonehouse Kitchen in Himeville is a must visit, food is incredible by a trendy young chef, pet friendly also. https://www.facebook.com/stonehousekitchenhimeville/
🎣The Olde Hatchery is really a beautiful venue, pet friendly with great food, lovely atmosphere and views, with lots of water as it also has trout fishing.
🐴 Stables Marketplace, also in Himeville for Saturday ＆ Sunday morning crafts, food, and Colleens Country Cafe directory hearty meals, pet friendly https://www.facebook.com/thestablesmarketplace/
🐄Giants Cup supply store is on the Sani Pass road, near Sani Lodge Backpackers. Farm fresh produce and bring a milk bottle to fill with milk from their very own cows. https://www.facebook.com/sanilodgebackpackers/
🦆Olde Duck Cafe in Underberg is also pet friendly, full of farm animals and fantastic kids play areas. Great vibe and stunning views, food hearty ＆ delish cakes, and 2nd best coffee in the berg. There are also many trails from here, all marked. https://www.facebook.com/theoldeduck/
🍋Lemon Tree restaurant is in Underberg central and have no 1 best coffee in the berg…and the food is also amazing. The beautiful back courtyard is pet friendly, but there is no grass https://www.facebook.com/The-Lemon-Tree-175669202462653/
🧀If you’re looking for cheese, there is Underberg Cheesery also on Drak gardens Road after Olde Duck Cafe.
🍴En route to Bulwer from Durban, near Boston, you will find Picklepot Cafe. Its very very awesome. They have great danes on site, country vibe and hearty food. https://www.facebook.com/PicklepotCafe/
⛽Also in Boston, at the Boston Garage, is Rox coffee Co, great Coffee on the road and best service station. https://www.facebook.com/bostongaragekzn/
Ard Lui Lauretta Grobler +27 828096269 Lauretta caters three course meals, booking is essential
Mountain Park hotel: Breakfast, lunch and dinner available Sam/Ralph +27 636558780
Nip Inn pub & grub Shane +27 825383892
The Grind 033 7011571 Pizza, Sushi and more
The Olde Duck +27 741413153
The Old Hatchery +27 810116311
Malachite Manor +27 836452026
The Stone house Himeville 066 1270571
Moorcroft Manor 033 7021967
Activities further afield
Trout fishing NUD Sports 033 7011096
Horse Riding at Sani Pass Hotel +27 722021456
Khotso Horse Trails +27 824125540
Midlands Meander 033 3308195